Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Loss of a Good Blog

A while ago, I posted that I’d been reading a whole bunch of blogs, but that most of them were boring, and that I wouldn’t bother going back. And then, a little later, I posted that I’d stopped reading one of the few that I’d bookmarked, because, as I continued to read, it was getting boring, too.

And that’s the problem with the blogging world: Most of the blogs out there are boring, and not worth the time it takes to read them. Oh sure, to the bloggers’ personal friends it’s fine; they’d actually be interested in what Person X did on the weekend, or their opinion of the last episode of Survivor. But why would I want to read it?

Unfortunately, one of the blogs that I actually enjoyed reading, Philogynist, is no more. I’ll miss it; hopefully he’ll start writing again soon.

I would say something along the lines of “Px, we’ll miss you” but there wouldn’t be much point; I’m pretty sure he doesn’t read my blog. (And why would he? Oh sure, to my personal friends it’s fine; they’d actually be interested in what I did on the weekend, or my opinion of the last episode of Survivor. But why would Px want to read it?)

0 comments: