Thursday, May 12, 2005

Why?

So here's the thing: I don't know why anyone would want to read this blog.

Consider the following:

Point 1: I don't post any private details about my marriage. I don't even use my wife's name, let alone any private details about us. So people who read blogs because they're voyeuristic aren't going to get much here.

Point 2: I also don't post much in the way of private details about myself. This is very closely related to Point 1, as my life is now entwined with that of my wife - personal details about me would very often constitute personal details about us, so if in doubt, I don't post 'em. So again, the voyeuristic blog watchers won't get much here.

Point 3: This blog isn't about anything. It's not like it's a "Jon Stewart Fan Club Blog", or a blog for writers, or anything specific like that. So there's no pre-built reader base for it. So if I don't post personal details, and I don't have a topic, then we're fast losing reasons to come.

Point 4: I don't consistently post to it, or keep it up to date. Why would you bother coming back here every day, if you're never sure if it's going to be updated?

Point 5: I don't post pictures here. It's become cool lately to do "photo blogs", but I can't be bothered. So all you see on here is text.

Point 6: My posts aren't exceptionally deep. I could probably get away with a blog that didn't have any personal details, and didn't have a topic, and didn't have any pictures, if I at least had something interesting to say, but I normally don't.

So the net result of all of this is that I just come here to kill time when I'm bored, writing things that I don't expect anyone to ever read. (The fact that you're reading this, frankly, surprises me.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe, I read ur blogs cuz they make me laugh, most of the time. *shrugs*

Anonymous said...

worst blog ever!

Sweep said...

Wait... I'm pretty sure you've used your wife's name. Not just her name but pictures of her. Just sayin'...

David Hunter said...

This post was written in May of 2005. Later on, in December of 2005, I have a post in which I officially started using her name:

http://sernaferna.blogspot.com/2005/12/my-wife.html