Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wow. Now that's strange…

I was doing a search on Google today, for “sernaferna”. (Don’t act like you don’t do it, you know you Google your own name, from time to time!)

You’ll notice, if you click that search link above, that I searched for the term “sernaferna” on pages that don’t contain “XML”. Typically, any search results that include “sernaferna” will turn up a million XML-related pages, because every Tom, Dick, and Harry on the web who wants to throw together an XML tutorial uses examples out of my book, Beginning XML, which uses www.sernaferna.com for its Namespace-related examples. And I find it flattering that so many people are sharing my wisdom with others. (insert raucous laughter here.)

Anyway, on my journey of narcissistic pleasure, I came across a page on the Internet Movie Database (IMDB), which contains “Miscellaneous links for John Swartzwelder”, and one of the links was to my site!

I’m not 100% sure how links get added to IMDB. It looks like registered users can log in, and add them; for all I know, one of you might have done it. In any event, it’s kind of neat that anyone looking up Swartzwelder on IMDB might find a link to my site.

3 comments:

David Hunter said...

Oh, and if it was one of you, who linked me, thanks for the fame and/or notoriety!

Anonymous said...

Um, about XML, I noticed that there's a 3rd edition out now, I was wondering if I will be recieveing one as my table still acts as a teeter-tooter from the first two editions.....

Anonymous said...

teeter-tooter? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, never has a typo brought me so much joy