Friday, December 09, 2005

Run DMC

There’s a song by Run DMC called Peter Piper, which uses a set of bells in its beat. (Originally sampled from a song called Take Me To The Mardis Gras, by Bob James.) I hear these bells all the time, in other hop-hop songs, and every time I hear it, I think to myself “I have to get a copy of Raising Hell on CD!”

So I heard another song today that had those bells, on Flow, and as usual I thought to myself “I have to get a copy of Raising Hell on CD!” And right after, as I was still thinking about it, they announced that they’d be playing a Run DMC song, next, as a “flow back”. And I thought to myself “quite a coincidence—but I bet it will be one of the newer Run DMC songs”. But, as it turned out, they played Peter Piper! Maybe someone at Flow was making the same connection I did?

Unfortunately, they played it just as I was getting to work, so I only heard the first little bit of it. (Because of the snow I was already late this morning, so I didn’t feel comfortable sitting in the parking lot listening to the rest of the song.)

0 comments: