Sunday, August 19, 2007

Another Deployment

Although I don’t blog that often, I think about blogging quite a bit. And every once in a while, I think of ideas for new blogs. “If I ever start doing such and such, I’ll start a blog about it” is the way my mind works, sometimes.

Since I’ve been doing so many deployments, I was tempted to start an “All-Nighter Deployment Blog” to chronicle them. However,

  1. It would be an entire blog devoted to blogging about work, which I try not to do
  2. It would be incredibly boring to everyone in the world, probably including me
So I won’t. But, as I type this, I’m about to start another one, and I have a sinking feeling that it’s going to be an exciting one. (Note: Whenever I say that a deployment is “exciting”, it’s a bad thing, not a good thing. You don’t want deployments to be exciting, you want them to be smooth and painless.)

I will say this, though, about tonight’s deployment (because it’s not work-related): before I came, I went out with the family, and we had dinner at a buffet. I’m over-stuffed, and even more in danger of falling asleep than usual.

0 comments: