Friday, June 27, 2008

Movie Review: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Yeah, yeah, I know. I never review movies when they first come out, when my reviews might actually help someone. I review them when it’s too late, and everyone’s already seen them. Oh well. It’s who I am. No sense trying to change now. Since Andrea was out of the city for the weekend, I took the opportunity to go to the movies (something she doesn’t normally like to do). I went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, what with Harrison Ford being so old and all, but it was quite good. I would say on par with The Last Crusade, but I’m sure there are many who would disagree with me. It seems old fashioned to say this, but the movie is just good, clean, family fun. Lots of action and adventure, no over-the-top violence, no sex. (But it’s not boring, as that description might seem to make it out to be.)

And that’s all I have to say about that.

1 comments:

David Hunter said...

Hmm. Just as I’m re-reading the part about “no over-the-top violence” I’m remembering a scene with some… well, I won’t give it away. I’ll just say with some “insects” and leave it at that. But there is definitely some violence.