Wednesday, April 09, 2008

New Shirt

I bought some new clothes for work, recently, including a bunch of dress shirts. I had to get a black one, because for me, that’s standard, but instead of a plain one, I got one with pinstripes. I wasn’t sure if I liked pinstripes or not, but I thought I’d try something new. Then, when I got home, I realized that it also has French cuffs.

Today is the first day I’m actually wearing it, and I’m definitely having second thoughts. The combination of the pinstripes and the French cuffs makes me feel like a British gangster. If only the collar and cuffs were white, it would complete the picture.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog through the 'Writing' tab on my Interests profile. What a great tool for connections.

Yesterday, I posted something that I think will interest writers everywhere. I blogged about David Wolverton/Farland (nationally renowned Sci-Fi and Fantasy author—think Star Wars books) and his free daily writing lessons and tips by email.

This man is super talented, and his totally free advice is for writers of all genres, at all stages of their careers.

Hope you don’t mind me letting you know this, but I’m so impressed with David’s generosity and willingness to help improve world writing skills, that I wanted to share with as many writers as possible.

I’ve been scribbling for over 20 years and am still learning plenty.

Anonymous said...

ARE you a British gangster?

Anonymous said...

He uses cockney rhyming slang ALL the time. It wouldn't surprise me if he was.