Monday, June 25, 2007

The Pink Panther

We watched the new Pink Panther movie, with Steve Martin, on the weekend, but I’m not going to bother posting a movie review about it, because I don’t really have much to say. (It was a slap-stick kind of movie, which I don’t normally go for, but they did have quite a few jokes that I laughed at. Even some of the slap-stick stuff had me laughing, when it was executed well.) I was semi-mesmerized by Emily Mortimer, as Nicole, because I was trying to remember where I know her from, but I looked her up on IMDB, and I don’t recognize anything that she’s been in, so I guess I don’t recognize her. (Addendum: I then looked her up on her Wikipedia page, and it turns out she was in The Kid, with Bruce Willis. I think that I saw that movie, so maybe I remember her from that?)

Anyway, I think the thing I liked best about The Pink Panther is the theme music, originally written by Henry Mancini. I’ve always loved the Pink Panther theme music, and I think most people do. I like the original score better than the “modernized” version that was in the new movie, but still, it was pleasant to watch the movie just to have that music in the background. Actually, now that I think about it, I seem to recall that there was another “modernized” version of the music in one of the Charlie’s Angels movies, that the Pussycat Dolls were dancing to, and I didn’t like that version, either. So this must be one of those songs where the old-fashioned feel is part of its charm, or something.

I really should try and get a copy of that song on CD, or download it, or something. Of course, since I don’t have any kind of file sharing program, that might be difficult…

0 comments: