Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Becoming a writer

Once again, I’ve got the urge to become a full-time writer. Not just a computer nerd who sometimes takes a few weeks out of a year to update his book on XML, but a real, full-time, stay-at-home-and-do-nothing-else, writer. Of course, I still want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

But I’ve also added a new reason to the list: I’m not happy with my job, these days. I’m not sure if it’s the job itself, or the situation, but I think the reason is that WORK-RELATED REASON WHY SERNA IS NOT HAPPY WITH HIS JOB REMOVED FROM SENTENCE. Which is pretty reasonable, don’t you think?

I sometimes wonder how well my sense of humour really comes through, in blog form. It’s probably not nearly as funny to everyone else as it is to me—which makes it exactly like my sense of humour in real life. (Did I ever write here about Andy Kaufman? No? Oh well. I don’t feel like getting into it right now. Look him up on Wikipedia, if you’re interested.)

I should really get to work on finishing my novel, so that I can send it to someone knowledgeable, so that I can get an opinion as to whether it’s publishable. If so, I’ll be more than happy to pursue that, and then, when the money starts rolling in, quit my day job.

Or, when the money starts dribbling in, do that and my day job. Which means I would have two jobs. Hmm. Maybe I should think this through a bit more…

0 comments: