Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Supper--Blech

I do most of the cooking at our house. Here’s how I mucked it up last night:

We had some Pork Souvlaki in the freezer, left over from a previous meal. So this was my plan:

  • I would make the pork souvlaki, on our electric grill
  • I would make rice, in our rice cooker
All was going well, and I put the rice in to cook. I have a nice spiced oil that I use for making rice, which gives it flavour. Then I got the souvlaki out, and it didn’t look right. I guess I didn’t wrap it well enough, when I put it in the freezer. But, just in case pork souvlaki always looks like that in an un-cooked state, I threw it on the grill anyway. After a while, based on the smell, I decided that no, it really was bad.

At this point, I reported status to my wife, who suggested that I make the chicken breasts we had in the freezer. I misunderstood, and grabbed two whole chicken thighs, which I defrosted and throw on the grill. I put some steak spice on them, to add some flavour.

When I thought they were done, I took them off the grill, only to discover that no, they weren’t done. At least, mine wasn’t done—my wife claimed that hers was fine. And, as of about 8:30 this morning she still wasn’t dead, so I’m guessing it was okay.

But, based on the chicken blood I could still see in mine, I threw it out, and sulked for the rest of the night, since my culinary skills were proven to be so lacking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SNORE!

Anonymous said...

Did the rice turn out all right at least??