Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Puttin' on the Pounds

In the last 6 months, I’ve had this conversation twice:

J Random Person serna hasn’t seen in years: Wow, you’ve put on weight!
serna: Um...
J Random Person serna hasn’t seen in years: No, it looks good. It fills out your face.
serna: Um...

I don’t tend to get complexes about these things, but being told twice by people I haven’t seen in years that I’ve put on weight is enough to give me pause. I know they think they can redeem the comment by following it with “no, it looks good, because it fills in your face”, but that just means that I looked gaunt and sickly before.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look the same to me...lol and that is meant to be a good thing. Ha and ha, so next time you see those people say "Hey, you've lost weight, oh dont worry it makes you look gaunt and sickly" =D