Friday, January 13, 2006

Update on the serna Time Situation

Further to my last post, I’ve wasted even more time.

I went to my blog, and then clicked the Next Blog button, and just kept clicking, blog by blog, until I found one that was interesting.

Well... that was the plan, anyway. After a dozen or so, I gave up on finding an interesting one. Which brings me back to the two questions I ask myself the most, when it comes to blogging: Why would anyone read this blog? and Why do so many people have blogs of their own?

If I have any faithful readers, they must know by now that I don’t claim to be able to answer either of those questions...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should listen to your wife more!

Anonymous said...

I have a question. You wrote a few blogs that state that you have nothing to do, therefore you are writing a blog. Does this mean that your boss doesn't give you enough work to keep you preoccupied?

David Hunter said...

There are two answers to this question:

One is that a large portion of my job involves me waiting around for things to happen--waiting for some program to load up on my computer, waiting for a response to an urgent email, that kind of thing. So there are plenty of opportunities throughout the day to take a couple of minutes to do something personal.

Which brings me to the second point: With the way I've configured my text editor, it only takes me a minute or two to toss off a blog entry, even one that's fairly long. For ones that take longer than that, I can start a blog entry, and and leave it open and come back to it in between other things.

Never fear--I always have plenty of work to do.

David Hunter said...

That being said, though, I'd be lying if I said there weren't times when I didn't have much to do.

However, with the way I get so constantly overworked, I relish the quiet times greatly. The job is sort of ebb and flow, and if it weren't for the times when I'm less busy, I'd burn out in a few months...