Friday, January 06, 2006

Blogging Party Tonight in Toronto

If you have a blog, and live in Toronto, there is a party tonight that you’re more than welcome to attend. For details, check out Raymi’s site, because she’s organizing it. Or helping to organize it. Or something. I’m not going, because I have plans tonight (and it would be hard to explain to my wife, who doesn’t really get blogging in the first place—not that I do, either).

I saw mention of it on Raymi’s site a day or two ago, and I’ve had mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it might be fun, but on the other hand, my initial reaction was “Wow. Sounds lame.” But in order to understand that, you have to understand me...

Ever since high school, I’ve always been one of those people who never gets involved in anything. If you picture people who were in the glee club, or were cheerleaders, or any of that crap, I was exactly the opposite. Any time anyone would mention anything having anything to do with things like school spirit, my reaction would always be along the “sounds lame” lines. I don’t know why I would include a “blogging party” in that category, frankly. It’s just some kind of wimpy defense mechanism I’ve got going.

Now, I’m not trying to romanticise my past. Don’t come away from this thinking that I was in any way “cool” in high school. I wasn’t. As proof, I offer this: I had a mullet. Nobody who had a mullet can claim that they were cool, at the time they had that mullet. They weren’t.

Anyway, I’m just blabbing, and looking back over this post, I haven’t really said anything. (Not that that will stop me from posting it; none of my entries say anything.) The fact of the matter is, if I wasn’t busy tonight (and if I was single, and didn’t have to try to explain this to my wife), I probably would go. I just thought I’d take a few minutes to analyze myself, and as it turns out, I didn’t do a very good job of it. And now you’ve wasted a few minutes reading it.

Burn.

2 comments:

David Hunter said...

Oh, and also, I don't really consider this post to be "spreading the word" about the party. Since nobody reads my blog, it's not like attendance is going to skyrocket because I mentioned it...

David Hunter said...

I guess I should also mention that you don't have to have a blog, to come. You can also come if you just want to, I don't know, meet bloggers or something.