Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Diet

Based on my exercise post, I had the following conversation in MSN Messenger, with someone who wants me to eat properly...

Tara (~38 days!) says:
All Bran Buds they contain psyllium and help break down triglycerides. very heart healthy.

sernaferna says:
A) I don't know what "psyllium" is.

sernaferna says:
B) I don't know what "triglycerides" are.

sernaferna says:
C) I *do* know what my heart is. So I'm not *completely* stupid.

Tara (~38 days!) says:
triglycerides = big bad fat = line walls of arteries = strain heart = heart attack = death.

psyllium = highly soluble fibre = absorbs big bad fat = less on walls of arteries = no heart attack =


sernaferna says:
What, no emoticon for death?

Tara (~38 days!) says:


sernaferna says:
Anyway, I'm not going to change my diet, yet (except for making sure i eat fruit every day), so it's not a deal.

Tara (~38 days!) says:
it's not changing your diet. just pour some on your morning cereal. bran is good for ya for a number of reasons.

Tara (~38 days!) says:
your colon will thank me

sernaferna says:
I don't eat cereal in the mornings; I don't have much of *anything* for breakfast...

Tara (~38 days!) says:
tsk tsk

Tara (~38 days!) says:
you should have breakfast

sernaferna says:
yeah yeah....

sernaferna says:
Speaking of eating, brb... need to grab some lunch, so I'll have time to eat it before my 2:00 meeting.

Tara (~38 days!) says:
get something healthy!

sernaferna says:
I'll try.

I'll try...


sernaferna says:
b

Tara (~38 days!) says:
that was remarkably fast.

sernaferna says:
I haven't eaten it yet; I just brought the food back up to my .

Tara (~38 days!) says:
is it healthy food?

sernaferna says:
Herb-marinated Salmon Loin, on a bun. Of course, I'm fairly sure salmon don't *have* loins, but that's what the sign claimed...

sernaferna says:
And fries.

sernaferna says:
'n Gravy.

Tara (~38 days!) says:


Tara (~38 days!) says:
well at least the loin (if that is indeed what it is) is good...

sernaferna says:
It's not bad....

sernaferna says:
Oh, and there are veggies on the bun, too. Along with the "loin".

Tara (~38 days!) says:
what kind of veggies?

Tara (~38 days!) says:
a tomato slice?

sernaferna says:
No, they're grilled; I think I see some onion, and some red and green peppers. Not sure what else...

sernaferna says:
The way they grill the veggies, they come out all drained looking...

Tara (~38 days!) says:
that sounds appealing

sernaferna says:
I'm probably not doing them justice; I just don't like grilled veggies. I prefer them to be steamed, or raw, or whatever.

Tara (~38 days!) says:
ANY veggies are better than no veggies.

Tara (~38 days!) says:
are you drinking 8 glasses of water per day?

sernaferna says:
I don't think so, although I'm probably not too far off. I do drink a lot of water every day...

Tara (~38 days!) says:
do you still have your little microwave?

Tara (~38 days!) says:
excuse me -dishwasher?

sernaferna says:
Of course, I'm having Coke for lunch.

sernaferna says:
No, we have a full-sized dishwasher now. I gave the other one away.

Tara (~38 days!) says:
you didn't offer it to me

sernaferna says:
Nope. I offered it to someone else.

Tara (~38 days!) says:
*feeling not-so-important*

sernaferna says:
I'm sorry you had to find out like this. *snicker*

Tara (~38 days!) says:
mmhmm.

well, I suppose there are worse things to find out... herpes, for instance. or a yeast infection.


sernaferna says:
True enough. Although I doubt you'd find out about either of those through .

Unless you have a *very* modern doctor...


sernaferna says:
Or is offering a new service.

"hold your genitals up to the monitor, and wait 30 seconds for your diagnosis..."


sernaferna says:
"Result: You have herpes. Probably contracted from holding your genitals against computer monitors in internet cafés...."

sernaferna says:
hehe

Tara (~38 days!) says:
weird. you're just so weird.

besides - everyone knows that you don't get herpes from computer monitors in internet cafes... you get GONORRHEA from computer monitors in internet cafes


sernaferna says:
lol

Tara (~38 days!) says:
I think that would be awesome. hold up various body parts to the monitor and get a diagnosis? They could have animated versions of your 'disease' appear on-screen to tell you the prognosis?

"Hi, I'm Timmy Tonsilitis. Guess what you've got!" or "Howdy, I'm Kidney Stone Katie. Careful when you pee!"


sernaferna says:
I meant to say this earlier, but I was on the phone at the time:

lol


Tara (~38 days!) says:
Wow. I shouldn't have held my breath for that response

sernaferna says:
lol

sernaferna says:
BTW, do you mind if I blog some or all of this conversation? (At least as much as I still have in this window... )

Tara (~38 days!) says:
how much do you still have?

sernaferna says:
It starts with your suggestion to eat Bran Buds, whatever those are...

Tara (~38 days!) says:
give'er. Blog away

Tara (~38 days!) says:
(it makes me feel really special that you don't blog any OTHER conversations that you have )

sernaferna says:
lol Most of the other conversations aren't as weird.

sernaferna says:
I mean interesting! Not as interesting.

0 comments: