Friday, January 06, 2006

My Sense Of Humour

What you have to understand about me is that I have a self-deprecating sense of humour. I have no problem pointing out my own faults, and am usually the first to do so. I amuse myself, and have no problem whatsoever laughing at myself. (Part of it is that I just really honestly don’t care if people have a good opinion of me or not.)

This sometimes causes me problems, because some people don’t understand this type of humour. (Not major problems, by any means—if people don’t get me, I’m not too worried about it.) Sometimes I make some kind of joke at my own expense, and people just don’t know how to take it; they can’t fathom that someone would not only allow himself to be made fun of, but even be the one who does it.

But if you’re reading something on this blog, and I’m talking about myself, and you can’t quite figure out what’s going on, it might be because I’m making fun of myself, and you’re one of those people who can’t understand it.

0 comments: