Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Home Movies

My wife introduced me to a cartoon called Home Movies. If you get a chance, check it out. (It's on Teletoon.)

Not every episode is stellar, but I love the show. I think half the reason I like it is that a lot of the script seems spur-of-the-moment - especially at the ends of the scenes, it sometimes seems like the actors are just going on and on, making each other laugh.

The other reason I like it is that every show is different. I mean, sure, the same characters are in every show and all that, but the plots are all over the place. You never know what you're going to get. This isn't the first show my wife has introduced me to; she also got me into Powerpuff Girls (which I don't watch anymore). But she didn't get me into Spongebob or The Daily Show - it was just a coincidence that we both liked those ones.

(I kind of hope Jon Stewart never ends up reading this blog; he might end up with a complex. "This is my demographic?!? People who also watch Spongebob, Powerpuff Girls, and Home Movies?!?")

0 comments: