Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Telemarketer

The other day I had the best conversation with a telemarketer that you could have. I mean, nobody enjoys talking to telemarketers, but if you have to, you hope that it goes like this:

  • The Telemarketer
  • By David Hunter
  • INT: serna’s house
  • Phone rings
  • serna
  • Hello?
  • Telemarketer
  • Hi! This is [name of real estate agency]! Are you planning to sell your home any time soon?
  • serna
  • Nope.
  • Telemarketer
  • How about in 2007?
  • serna
  • Nope.
  • Telemarketer
  • Okay, thanks for your time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's one I got several years ago:

Telemarketer: Are you planning to sell your house?

PD: I don't own the house I live in

Tele: Are you planning to buy soon?

PD: No plans yet.

Tele: You have enough money to buy a home.

PD: How do you know my private finances?

Tele: Thank you for your time. Goodbye

David Hunter said...

I just realized that I signed this script David Hunter, instead of sernaferna. I don't know why.