Thursday, April 13, 2006

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Speaking of taking chances on buying CDs, I almost bought a CD by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs last night, even though I don’t know anything about their music.

I was in HMV, buying the Bond CD, and it was part of a special deal; I could get three CDs for $30, or I could buy the CD by itself for $25. Not a hard decision; I spent the next little while looking through the store for two more CDs—that had the green “3/$30” sticker on them, of course. I found a “best of” Johnny Cash CD, but then I got stuck. I couldn’t find another CD that was part of the “three for thirty” deal. And then, when I was getting desperate, I saw a CD by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs that had the green sticker on it.

Now, I don’t know anything about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I don’t even know one of their songs; if they’re getting played on the radio, and I’ve heard them, I didn’t know it. (I don’t always pay attention to the artists or names of songs, when I’m listening to the radio.) However, I have heard a lot of buzz about them, probably mostly from blogs I’ve been reading, and I was very tempted to take a chance on it, and give it a shot.

In the end, though, I did a bit more searching, and found a best of GNFNR CD that I bought instead.

This is apparently my week for “best of” CDs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, but I don't know if you will, if you know the band 'Teagan & Sarah' they sound simular to them. They are a rock group with girl lead singer which is very apparent in their music. Kinda screamish too. So whatever, I know their song on the radio but I couldn't tell you what it's call and I honestly thought it was actually 'Teagan & Sarah' when I hear it.

Anonymous said...

still quite the Bond fan myself...looking forward to the new movie, although it would have been nice to get one or two more out of Pierce. Way behind on getting cds myself....77s - 3, Lost Dogs - 1...and their brand new one..so really that's 2. The Choir has a new one as well.

David Hunter said...

Yeah, I would have liked Pierce to do some more Bond movies, too.

Personally, Pierce was my favourite Bond, although I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that—everyone who likes 007 movies, besides me, says that Connery was the best.