Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wednesday night, and no time to write

As you may have noticed, if you’ve been coming here regularly, I haven’t been writing anything. I’ve been busy. Too bad for me, too bad for you. If you’re really disappointed, feel free to write to my boss, and complain about how busy I’ve been.

I have a couple of things to write about, too. For once.

For instance, I read both of the books by John Swartzwelder, and I want to review them. (If you can’t wait that long, they were both good, but one was better.)

I also went to the wedding on Saturday, that I had mentioned in some previous post that I’m too lazy to go and look for right now to include a link to it, and wanted to talk about that. Nothing important, but since when does a blog entry have to be important? Or insightful? Or educational? Or entertaining?

Unfortunately, work probably isn’t going to let up any time soon, and the Jehovah Shalom concert is also coming up soon, so I’ll be busy at work, and busy at night, too. So I may not get to write much for the foreseeable future.

By the time I do, I might not even remember what happened on Saturday, to write about it. Because, like I said, nothing important happened; it’s hard to remember a bunch of small, insignificant details. Much easier to remember large, significant ones.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not that lazy. Plus, there's a search thing at the top of the page that made it a snap.

David Hunter said...

There is, and that's what I usually use (unless the post was only a short while before, in which case I simply scroll down).

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. I sometimes do a search for a word/term that I know is in a blog entry, and the search doesn't return anything. In which case I have to resort to using the Archives, and Ctrl+F to find it.

Anonymous said...

I went with "wedding".

David Hunter said...

Yes, but my point is this: if you try tomorrow, or the next day, "wedding" might not work again. And the day after that, it might start working again.

It's not reliable.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, so as soon as that post falls of the main page, it won't be searchable?

David Hunter said...

No, unfortunately it's nothing as predictable as that.

In theory, searches will search the entire blog (archives and all). I use the feature fairly often, when I'm not being lazy, and get results back from past posts. It just… doesn't work, sometimes.