Monday, April 03, 2006

Photos and Cheese

James Mack says:
to walmart online's photo service

sernaferna says:
It's good?

James Mack says:
I sent off my "order" at 10:23 last night, go an email at 4:55AM (not that I was awake) and a phone call at 9:27AM (not that I was home) telling me they were ready

sernaferna says:
Not bad.

sernaferna says:
How about the quality? If you picked them up already, did they come out good?

James Mack says:
I have not picked them up

James Mack says:
busy with that whole "need a job thing"

sernaferna says:
Details.

James Mack says:
I'm... trying to get a job?

sernaferna says:
Sorry, I forget that we don't see each other in person anymore.

"Details" was something my boss at my old job used to say all the time. So if I'd say "we can't write the program that way, because it will kill millions of people" he'd say "Details".


sernaferna says:
facetiously, of course.

sernaferna says:
But I've gotten into the habit of saying that all the time.

sernaferna says:
"I'm looking for a job."

"Details" translation: forget about THAT insignificant fact, I want to know about the WalMart pictures.


sernaferna says:
Too much explanation for something so simple?

Probably...


James Mack says:
I'll say yes

James Mack says:
altho to me, "details" brings about either a ST:TNG bit or a Drew & Mike bit, and I didn't think you knew either of them, so i wasn't sure which way to go

sernaferna says:
hehe I used to watch ST:TNG (when it was on the air - by the time it went to syndication, I'd bored of it); I don't think I was in Blenheim too long, when Drew & Mike were popular.

sernaferna says:
Or maybe they still are...

James Mack says:
not to me, and thats all that matters

James Mack says:
jumped the shark

sernaferna says:
I'm not familiar with the phrase "jump the shark" either.

James Mack says:
jump the shark
a term to describe a moment when somethin that was once great has reached a point where it will now decline in quality and popularity.

Origin of this phrase comes from a Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumped a shark on waterskis. Thus was labeled the lowest point of the show.


sernaferna says:
Wait, I *did* know that!

I'd come across the term before; you've reminded me now. I forget in what context, but I suppose it's not important.


sernaferna says:
I sometimes wish I had a better memory...

sernaferna says:
(By "sometimes" I mean "any time I remember to". )

James Mack says:
"who moved my cheese" is the one I'm still having trouble with

sernaferna says:
http://www.whomovedmycheese.com/

sernaferna says:
Or maybe this will be more helpful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese


James Mack says:
I don't have time to read, just give me the jist of it

sernaferna says:
Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life (ISBN 0399144463), published in 1998, is a motivational book by Spencer Johnson that parabolically describes change, in one's work and life, and four typical reactions to said change with two mice, two "little people", and their hunts for cheese. A New York Times business bestseller since release,

sernaferna says:
Who Moved My Cheese? has remained on the list for almost five years and has spent over two hundred weeks on Publishers Weekly's hardcover nonfiction list[1].

sernaferna says:
lol

sernaferna says:
Under Criticism:

sernaferna says:
The book has been criticized for focusing on only chasing cheese.

James Mack says:
"parabolically"??? Im pretty sure that's not the word they want

James Mack says:
unless parabolas and parables have something to do with each other

sernaferna says:
That word is a link, in the article, which links to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable


James Mack says:
apparently they DO have something to do with each other... I'll be

James Mack says:
pardon me while I go chrome my dome and baby my face

sernaferna says:
No problem.

Do you mind if I put this conversation on my blog?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture turned out quite well, I am pleased.