Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Dentist

When I was a kid, I went to the dentist, and I had a bad experience when they put the flouride in my mouth. It tasted awful, and I had to sit there for 5 minutes or whatever it is, and I was almost ready to throw up.

The result of this is that the next time I had to go to the dentist, I was really dreading it, because I assumed it would be another horrible experience. So when I went, because I was expecting it to be so bad, it actually ended up not seeming so bad, because I'd built it up too much in my mind.

The problem is that the next time I had to go... Yes, you guessed it, I assumed it was going to be fine, and then it seemed like a horrible experience.

So for the rest of my childhood, and even the teenage years, every other visit to the dentist was horrible, and the remaining visits seemed fine.

The End

0 comments: