I don’t remember where I got this originally, but I like it, so here you go…
A freshman won first prize at his Science Fair. He was attempting to show how conditioned we have become to the alarmists practicing junk science and spreading fear of everything in our environment.
In his project he urged people to sign a petition demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical “dihydrogen monoxide.” And for plenty of good reasons, since it:
- Can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
- Is a major component in acid rain
- Can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
- Accidental inhalation can kill you
- It contributes to erosion
- It decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
- It has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients
He asked 50 people if they supported a ban of the chemical. Forty-three said yes, six were undecided, and only one knew that the chemical was water.