Since I got a new phone, I figured I’d better change my MSN Messenger settings, to configure my mobile settings.
There are two things I needed to change: My Contact Card shows my cell phone number, so I had to change it in there. Plus, MSN Mobile had some settings I had to change, so that when I’m offline in Messenger, people can send me text messages.
Changing the MSN Mobile settings wasn’t too bad, although I had to try a couple of times to get it right. In the end, I had to do this:
- Tell Messenger to no longer allow people to send messages to my mobile device
- Go to MSN Mobile, and delete my account
- I may or may not have logged out of Messenger here... I can’t remember
- If I closed Messenger, I re-opened it. I went back to MSN Mobile, and created a mobile account
- I definitely logged out of Messenger at this point, and then logged back in
- It asked me if I wanted to allow people to send messages to my mobile device
- I said “yes”
- I had someone send me a test message, which worked
- The aforementioned someone was amazed when I replied from my phone, because she hadn’t realized that the messages are two-way
Hopefully it will go away, eventually, and get updated with the new one I entered...