Thursday, February 28, 2008

Windows Live SkyDrive

I’ve been writing online love letters to Google, lately, so I guess it’s Microsoft’s turn. And, as usual, this product may have been available for a long time, but I just found out about it today.

Microsoft has introduced Windows Live SkyDrive, which is a document storage service. They’re currently providing up to 5GB of space for free, which is pretty good, but I believe you can pay for additional space, too, if you need it. If I’d known about this a while ago, I could have put it to use, although there isn’t currently anything that I need to store online. (Except for the documents I have in Google Docs, for which storage is a non-issue.)

There are rumours that Google will be introducing a similar service, called Google Drive or something, but I don’t think they have yet done so. (Or they might have introduced it to a select number of GMail users.)

0 comments: