Sunday, December 02, 2007

Movie Review: Last Action Hero

You may be asking why I’m even bothering to put up a “movie review” for a movie that was made more than a decade ago. Two reasons:

  1. Because I happened to be watching it on TV. (On Space?!? Why are they playing Last Action Hero on Space?)
  2. To prove a point
My point is this: I post a lot of reviews of action movies, and say that I don’t like them. That they’re badly written, etc. etc. But I actually like this movie. It’s terrible, but I like it. (And it’s not just me who thinks it’s terrible; it only has a 33% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.)

I don’t even know why I like this movie. It’s clever, but only in a really superficial way. (Meaning that it’s not really clever; they only make the most obvious jokes, about the most obvious action movie clichés.) But I still find it entertaining.

0 comments: