Monday, April 11, 2005

My book

Well, I finally worked up the courage to look at the comments my pastor gave me, for my book (the Christian one), and it's not that bad. A lot of it is cosmetic stuff, and some is a matter that I consider preference, when it comes to grammar (although if I ever actually try to publish the thing, they may tell me that he's right and I'm wrong and make me change it anyway). Almost everything that he suggested, in terms of content, I completely agree with. (I say "almost", but I can't remember anything he suggested that I didn't agree with. I just like to play it safe, with these types of comments... hehe)

That's the funny thing about editing. A lot of times, I'll go through all of the suggested changes the first time, and I'll feel awful, because it seems like they're really tearing me down, but by the time I go through it again, it's not as bad, and I'm in a better frame of mind to see when they're really making a valid point.

All that being said, of course, I still won't write another technical book. Technical editors take too much glee in the editing process, and turn things into an "I'm right you're wrong" situation.

0 comments: