Friday, April 08, 2005

I'm not as young as I think

Every once in a while I forget how old I am. (Probably because I'm immature for my age.) I'm 30, but I don't feel 30. If I had to put a figure on it, I'd say I feel like a college student, in my low 20's.

This gets exacerbated because a lot of the people I speak to online on MSN are in that exact age group. So they're talking to me about finishing exams, and going out partying after class, and I'm right there with them, I'm on the same wavelength, and I find myself about to say something like "Tell me about it! I hate it when I was out late the night before, and have an early class, and..." and then I bring myself up short, and think "What the heck are you talking about?!? You're not in college, idiot! You're 30!"

But it's not just the people I chat with. It's also my [online] reading material. It's one thing to read Torontoist in my spare time, since I live in Toronto, but why would I even bother reading the He Said She Said column? What in heck does that have to do with my life? Not to mention the blogs that I sometimes read, most of which seem to be written by college-aged people as well. (You'd think adults with jobs have something better to do than blog or something...)

0 comments: