I’m not a huge fan of Starbucks. In fact, I hate their coffee. (I do like the ambiance, though.) However, there is one exception: I like their egg nog latté. So I went in last week for such a drink, and came away with a warm place in my heart for the whole franchise. (It won’t last.)
- A New Filter For serna
- INT: A Starbucks.
- serna is standing in line. He notices a display of reusable coffee filters, priced somewhere around $4.99, and picks one up.
- (to himself)
- Realizing that he has needed a reusable coffee filter for some time, he keeps the filter in his hand, as he heads up to the counter.
- Starbucks Lady (SL)
- Can I help you?
- I’ll take an egg nog latté and this filter.
- Attempts to ring in the filter.
- It’s not ringing in. I’m going to need to consult my manager.
- (full of Christmas cheer, and even more patient than usual)
- No problem.
- Starbucks Lady goes into the back, and discusses the issue with her manager.
- She comes back momentarily.
- Well, it looks like the filter is on us today! We can’t figure out how to ring it in.
- Sweet! Thanks very much.
- serna takes his latté to a table, to drink it. He notices the Starbucks Lady taking down the display of coffee filters, so that she won’t have to go through this again.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t quite fit my coffee maker. The lid won’t close.