Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Um… hi.

The last couple of weeks have been crazy. I’m working on three or four projects at once, so every day is booked solid with meetings. I haven’t even had time to update the serna Bible Blog very much, let alone this one. (Not to mention the Ubuntu wiki I started; I haven’t installed the latest version of Ubuntu, yet.)

But now I have an afternoon to myself, to catch up on my paperwork and even, if the mood so takes me, post a blog entry. And it will come as no surprise to anyone in the world that I have nothing to say. Luckily, I’ve never had anything to say on this blog, so we’re in familiar territory. The only difference is the frequency with which I post—the quality of the posts stays about the same.

But now that I’m here, posting to the blog, it feels kind of… awkward. It’s like I’ve grown apart from you, the gentle reader. We haven’t seen each other in a while, and we need to spend some time together, getting reacquainted.

Maybe I should talk about the weather, first, to get us past the awkward phase? It has, after all, been absolutely beautiful, here in Toronto. (If you’re reading this from somewhere other than Toronto, I hope your weather is as good as ours has been.) Summer is almost upon us.

Oh, I can talk about my health, too! I’m finally over the cold that I was whining about. It took a long time, but I finally got rid of it. (And then, yesterday, I caught a colleague sniffling—I hope I didn’t give it to her!)

Um… what else? If I actually had something to post, I would start writing it now, but I really don’t. (According to Wikipedia, small talk is “conversation for its own sake”, and “the ability to conduct small talk is a social skill”. It’s one that I’ve never developed, unfortunately.)

Perhaps I should just give up. Post this now, and then put up, I don’t know, another joke post or something. Maybe by the time you read this there will already be a joke post up. Maybe I shouldn’t even bother to post this drivel at all, so as not to waste your time, and wait until I actually have something to say, before I post again.

But, really, I don’t care enough about you to spare you the wasted time. (Did you follow that logic? Basically, I’m saying that I went ahead and posted this anyway because I like to post, and it doesn’t matter if your time gets wasted in the process or not.)

0 comments: