Allow me to take a minute to explain how I can, in the middle of the day, take the time to write a long post like the last one, when most peoples’ blog posts don’t get that long even on a non-working day. How do I find the time?
- serna’s RAM
- INT: the office cafeteria, around 9:30AM
- serna waits in line at Tim’s, for a coffee
- serna’s colleauge
- Hey! Remember that extra RAM I promised you for your new laptop? And the installation CD you need, for that extra software? I’ve got it at my desk! I’ll drop it by soon!
- Excellent! I’ll be waiting at my desk, since I can’t do much until I get that memory.
- time passes
- serna decides he can’t wait any longer, he needs to grab some lunch. He changes his screensaver, to a message that says “Be Right Back”, and leaves his desk for 5 minutes. Because…
- Surely he’ll be here any minute, right?
- time passes
- In order to pass the time, serna begins crafting a blog post, about the fact that he’d like to upgrade his Blogger account, but isn’t quite ready to do so.
- I’m sure I won’t be able to finish it, but at least it’s something to do, while I wait for my colleague to arrive.
- to serna’s surprise, he actually finishes the post. And posts it. And begins another one.
In fact, if he doesn’t get back to me soon, I’ll probably even start on a third one. I wonder what it will be about…